Saturday, June 28, 2008

Busy Saturday

My son, Greg and his daughter Noelle came down yesterday evening for a visit.  Greg told me to line up some chores I would like for him to do, so I am good at doing a chore list.  

Had strawberries and biscuits for a late evening supper.  Noelle went on to visit a friend for the night.  

Today I put Greg to work.  He did several things for us and visited all day.  This afternoon we went to a few garage sales in Mineral Wells.  We each bought a few nic-nacs.  I did find a new
ice bucket so I can retire my old lime green one from about 40 years ago.  Paul got a rain gauge and now has two.  One for the front yard and one for the back yard.  It was only .5 so we splurged.

Yesterday I purchased my 4th Danielle Steele Book "The Promise" which is my favorite story.  I also have a DVD and a Video.  They are rather rare to find and I didn't need more but for new condition at .50 I couldn't resist.

Adrienne somehow found my blog yesterday.  I hadn't told anyone about it.  Noelle said I had
a counter on it and 13 viewers.  Must be accidental.  She put a background on for me so it looks
better now.

Noelle fixed a garden fresh salad for supper this evening and we had corn on the cob from one of the road-side markets.  (sorry, Adrienne).  Every time I eat corn I am reminded of Adrienne's corn allergies.  She has to be really vigilant and dedicated.  I don't have her will-power.

We had lots of rain and wind today and it blew over some of our corn.  Also noticed it split
our last big old rotten tree down in the field. 

No comments: